From 10 to 11 December 2018, the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition will organize the first junior researcher workshop:
From Science to Innovation
The goal of the workshop is to stimulate a rigorous in-depth discussion of a number of selected research papers. It offers PhD students and junior Post-docs an opportunity to present their work, receive feedback, and connect with peers from other departments. Each paper will be discussed by a discussant. The workshop will be held at the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, room E10.
The workshop will focus on the following areas:
- Economics of Science and Innovation
- Human Capital in the Science Production Function
- Financial Incentives in Science
- Corporate Strategy to Access Scientific Knowledge
- Organization of Innovation within Firms
- Knowledge Spillovers between Firms
- Legal Analysis of Knowledge Approbability
- Knowledge Appropriability in R&D Partnerships
- Big Data Ownership and Accessability
We are happy to announce Jeff Furman (Boston University & NBER) as our keynote speaker who will also provide feedback during sessions.
The full program is available here. Should you be interested in attending the workshop without paper presentation, please contact us directly no later than October 31. There is only a small number of places available.
Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, Room E10
Any questions concerning the From Science to Innovation workshop should be directed to Dennis Byrski.